DirectLog InJoin freeKey code access
Waitemata District Health Board
October 26, 2021
Share this video
Visitors to our Hospitals
*Please note that this refers to our Visitor Policy when we are at COVID Alert Level 1.
*Please see the DHB website for Visitor Information during other COVID Alert Levels.
If you want to check whether a family member or friend is in hospital please phone:
(09) 486 8930 for North Shore Hospital (ask for ward, if you know it)
(09) 839 0000 for Waitakere Hospital (ask for ward, if you know it)
If you are Deaf or hearing impaired, please use the NZ Relay Service to support this call.
Visiting hours are generally from 8.00am until 8.00pm (with exceptions below)
Family members and close friends are welcome to stay outside of those hours by arrangement with ward staff (who will let Security know)
North Shore Hospital
Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
Please liaise directly with the ICU staff to arrange visiting times.
North Shore and Waitakere Hospitals
Maternity Suite (at Waitakere this is Piha and Te Henga Wards)
· A woman’s partner or named support person may visit between 7.00am and 9.00pm
· Open visiting is from 2.00pm-4.00pm and 6.00pm-8.00pm
· Only siblings of the infant may visit. Other children are not permitted
Special Care Baby Unit (SCBU)
· Parents are welcome at any time
· Parents are welcome to bring their other children but they must be supervised at all times and we ask that the visits are kept brief
· Parents are welcome to bring adult family and friends and can keep a baby visitor list between 2.00pm-4.00pm and 6.00pm-8.00pm. If a person is not on the list and is not accompanied by the baby’s parent, they will not be allowed entry to the unit.
· Please ensure all visitors are free from infections and colds in order to protect the babies in the unit
· There is a limit of two visitors around the bedside at any one time and one of these people must be a parent. Other visitors are welcome to use the family waiting room
· Other visitors’ children are not permitted in the unit