DirectLog InJoin freeKey code access
PO Box 78 021
Grey Lynn 1245
Be Leadership Announcement Jan 23
Share this video
Be. Leadership in Governance Programme
· Here at Be. we are committed to growing individual leadership capacity and a community of disabled and access leadership throughout New Zealand.
· Our one-of-a-kind and highly successful Accessibility-focused leadership programme Be. Leadership ran from 2011-2021.
· We are excited to announced that in 2022, in partnership with ODI (Whaikaha), and with the support of the Institute of Directors and Governance New Zealand, we’ve developed a new leadership programme called “Be. Leadership in Governance”.
· We want to see disabled and access leadership around the Board table – embedding accessibility into every aspect of leadership in governance.
· This programme is for disabled and access leaders who are seeking their first board role and also those who are new to governance roles and are seeking to develop their effectiveness and skills.
· The programme is 8 sessions, run fortnightly, set over 12 weeks, and will be both online and in person. There will be presentations from governance professionals, and workshops. There will be the opportunity to be assigned a mentor.
· The in-person sessions are in Auckland. If you live outside of Auckland we will cover the cost of transport to the sessions.
· You will learn the skills necessary for being in a governance role, and at the end of the programme you will get a certificate and be included in the Be. Leadership in Governance database.
· This programme is for members of the disability and access community who have:
o demonstrated experience in leadership positions
o a clear vision for why they are seeking experience in governance, and what they have to offer
o are well informed about the issues facing New Zealand right now
· If you are accepted onto the programme, there will be no cost for the programme, and we will provide NZSL interpreters if needed. We will also cover any costs relating to travel for the in-person sessions.
· If you are interested in applying, please check our website https://www.belab.co.nz/leadership-development for session dates and application closing dates. If you can attend all 8 session dates and fit the criteria, please apply today!
· To apply please e-mail a letter or video to email@example.com explaining your leadership experience, your reasons for wanting to get experience in governance, what you have to offer in a board position, and what are the biggest issues facing New Zealand right now. (Letter no more than 2 pages or NZSL video no longer than 8 minutes)
· If you have any questions please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org